NightSky Alpacas live in beautiful Llangian on the Llyn Peninsula, just over a mile from Abersoch village.
In the beginning there where 4 alpacas to keep the grass down. Today there are over 20 alpacas with new babies being born every year.
Visit NightSky Alpacas in Abersoch to trek with our alpacas, learn about them, on our own private land alongside the River Soch. When the Trekking has finished, have a photo, a piece of cake and a drink within our beautiful grounds.
Trekking takes place most days during the summer months (weather permitting) and can arrange private trekking for groups by prior arrangement but if the weather forecast is bad please contact us to check if we are still trekking as we want you and the alpacas to enjoy the trek.
ABOUT ALPACA TREKKING
Alpacas are herd animals and need to be around other alpacas. Walks will be daily during the summer holidays and at weekends at all other times. If there are enough people (4 or more) walks can be arranged for your group.
Upon arrival you will meet the alpacas are learn more about these delightful animals. During and after the walk please feel free to take a photo of yourselves with the alpacas. We will give you treats to feed your alpaca.
- Morning Trek- 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM
- Afternoon Trek - Can be arranged subject to demand
- Price - £20.00 one alpaca/person Any additional persons accompanying £5.00 each
- Equipment Required - Wellies or Walking boots/shoes, Rugged clothing, Sense of humour!!
- Refreshments - A hot or cold drink and a piece of cake will be waiting for you after your experience and is included in the price.
Please note we are unable to accept visitors to our alpaca farm unless booked onto an alpaca walk by prior arrangement. Please Contact Us to book or enquire.
- Alpaca walks are not suitable for children under 4 years. Children under 12 years must be accompanied on the walk by a responsible person over the age of 16.
- When you arrive and starting the alpaca trek, we will guide you on how to walk the alpacas and a few do’s and don’ts and will introduce you to your alpaca for the trek.
- Alpacas are friendly curious animals and enjoy meeting people and having treats, however, as all animals do they can jump at sudden noises or unpredictable behaviour.
- Children under 10 are not allowed to walk an alpaca single-handedly however can hold the lead rope with an adult.
- We can walk up to 10 alpacas at a time so you may be in a mixed group.
- Alpacas will generally walk away from you when they don’t have a halter on however once a halter is fitted they are happy to meet you.
- Alpacas generally don’t like having their faces touched but are happy for you to stroke their necks.
- Alpacas will walk alongside you.
- We will walk through our fields and then alongside the River Soch.
- At no point will you be walking on public highways.
- You will have at least one guide per walk.
- If the weather is too inclement we will postpone the trek. If you are unable to rearrange another day a full refund will be offered. There’s no fun in walking a soggy alpaca.